Gameday is finally here, and if you’re not prepared for the party I have a few more quick and easy recipes that’ll keep your partygoers satisfied without over-indulging. Fitness Guru David Kirsch gave us two great recipes for Healthy Fat-Free Homemade Hummus and Roasted Red Pepper and Almond Dip last week and today I have a few more you can whip up just in time for the kickoff!
TUNA AND SHRIMP KEBAB
This is a really fun party dish packed with protein and can easily be adapted to serve more people.
· 1/2 small eggplant
· 2 medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
· 1/2 medium-sized, yellow bell pepper
· 1/3 cup water
· 4 ounces skinless tuna steak, cut into four 1-inch cubes
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, then cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
3. Cut pepper into quarters; remove seeds and stem. Cut each piece in half.
4. Bake peppers and eggplant in foil packet for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
5. Place peppers and eggplant on skewers.
6. Place tuna and shrimp on skewers, alternating tuna then shrimp.
7. Place all skewers in a large shallow dish.
8. Combine water, Dijon mustard, and dill in a small bowl. Mix well and pour over kebabs. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove kebabs from marinade; discard marinade.
9. Spray grill rack with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Place kebabs on grill. Grill tuna/shrimp skewers 2 to 3 minutes each side and veggies 4 minutes on each side.
Who are you rooting for in today’s big game, the Packers or the Steelers?