Dips are always a big hit for any party. With Superbowl 45 fast approaching and many people still trying to keep their New Years’ weight loss resolutions in check, fitness guru David Kirsch has perfected some healthy recipes that’ll be a hit at any Superbowl party!
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND ALMOND DIP
Serve this delicious dip with celery, sliced cucumber, or whole wheat crackers for a great midmorning snack.
· Nonfat vegetable cooking spray
· 1 large garlic clove, smashed
· 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
· 3 roasted red bell peppers, halved, membranes removed
· 1⁄2 cup organic raw almonds, coarsely chopped
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
2. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Place cooled roasted red peppers in a food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
4. Add the almonds, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
5. Pulse just until coarsely ground.
6. Slowly add the oil, and pulse one or two more times.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 3 servings. Per serving: 227 calories, 7 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate,
17 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 6 g fiber, 8 g sugar
Enjoy and look for more great, healthy Superbowl recipes for this weekend over the next few days!