Everyone loves hummus, and that makes it an excellent snack for any party. With Superbowl 45 fast approaching and many people still trying to keep their New Years’ weight loss resolutions in check, fitness guru David Kirsch has perfected some healthy recipes that’ll be a hit at any Superbowl party!
Serve this as a snack with celery, whole-grain crackers, or cucumber. For more zip, add more cayenne or a few drops of hot pepper sauce.
· 11⁄2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
· 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
· 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
· 1 tablespoon minced garlic
· 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne
· 1⁄4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
2. Process until well blended.
3. Use immediately, or refrigerate up to 3 hours.
Makes 2 servings. Per serving: 227 calories, 12 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate,
3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 10 g fiber, 4 g sugar