So last weekend I tweeted this picture of myself, getting ready to go out for my parent’s 22nd wedding anniversary:
Then asked…”who wants to know how I got my lashes to look like that?!”
To my shock and awe, I got about fifteen replies screaming that they wanted answers. So….it’s easier than you think—no messy glue, no expensive and timely lash-lengthening procedures.
Just you, mascara, your eyelashes, and an eyelasher curler…oh and water and a washcloth.
- L’oreal Voluminous Mascara $7.25 available at drugstores everywhere
- Hourglass Cosmetics Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara and comb $28.00 at Sephora and Barney’s NY
- Korres PROVITAMIN B5 & RICE BRAN Lash-strengthening mascara $18.00 at KorresUSA.com and other locations
- Lash & Eyebrow Brush and Comb (I use Sephora Collection Professionnel Platinum Lash & Eyebrow Comb #21 $10 at Sephora)
- A lash curler (I use Revlon $3.99)
- A washcloth/rag you don’t mind getting mascara on, as long as it’s clean!
- Access to hot water
Total time: 10 minutes.
- Brush out eyelashes with comb.
- Turn on hot water and run lash curler underneath it for 10-15 seconds. Dry off the curler. Let the curler cool off for 5-10 seconds—test it by touching it to your inner wrist. If it’s not too hot, it’s safe to use.
- Curl eyelashes. I do about 5 pumps on each side.
- Apply 2 coats of the Korres Mascara. The brush on this mascara has bristles that help get every single lash.
- Repeat step 2.
- Use the comb to brush lashes out.
- Apply a coat of Hourglass Film Noir. Brush out lashes. This mascara has an hourglass-shaped brush, which adds volume, length and lift. Use comb to brush lashes and apply another coat.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Apply 2 coats of L’oreal Voluminous Mascara, brushing lashes between each coat with the comb.
- Repeat steps two and three.
- Apply a final coat of Hourglass Film Noir. It also contains a high concentration of panthenol (ProVitamin B5…the Korres mascara has it too!) which adds a reflective sheen.
- Comb lashes until they look natural. The point is not to look spider-y!
By the way—the Korres and Hourglass Cosmetics Mascaras are ALL-NATURAL and they have Provitamin B5 in them which helps strengthen lashes and promotes shine…you know, just as an FYI.