From Resort 2010 Runway to Real Way: Suave® Professionals Show Us How to Look Like We Stepped Off the Runway! (or at least like our hair did!)
Suave ® Professional Hairstylist Jenny Cho combed the runways for hair styles that are super easy and super sexy for summer! Suave ® Professional Hairstylist Luke O’Connor shows you simple “how-to” steps so that fashionistas like yourselves can skip the salon and still turn heads this summer.
Jenny Says: Look to Oscar De La Renta’s Resort collection for romantic, ladylike pinned ‘do’s – such as the faux bob – to flaunt on your next evening beach stroll.
- Start by giving strands a healthy dose of moisture thanks to Suave Professionals® Almond and Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. This duo is infused with 100% natural almond and shea butter and the formula is salon proven to moisturize hair.
- Post-shower, apply Suave Professionals® Healthy Curls Scrunching Mousse to towel-dried hair (so hair can attain that “piece-y” texture) before blow-drying hair completely.
- Next, separate hair into 1 to 2 square inch sections and loosely curl using a 1 to 1¼ inch curling iron. Be sure to soften up waves by breaking up with your fingers.
- Finally, take 3 inch panels of hair and turn under to the desired length of the “bob” before pinning in place. Pull out a few face-framing wisps and don’t touch any tendrils that naturally fall out.
- Finish the look with a spritz of Suave Professionals® Weather Protection 365 Humidity Defying Aerosol Hairspray to lock in style and provide a protective barrier against humidity, static and wind.
Catch a wave
Jenny says:Overly-styled and structured waves have no room in any woman’s summer hair repertoire! Take a cue from Bottega Veneta’s Resort collection and recreate loose, plaited waves.
Luke Says: The key to this effortlessly glamorous ‘do is hair that has high-shine. Stock your shower with Suave Professionals® Rosemary Mint Invigorating Clean Shampoo and Conditioner to increase manageability for strands that are soft and shiny. Infused with 100% natural rosemary and mint, the formula of this salon-quality system is salon proven to invigorate hair.
- Start by combing Suave Professionals® Extra Hold Styling Foam through towel-dried hair before blowing hair completely dry (on a low setting). For natural looking waves, use your fingers.
- Next, take 3 to 4 inch panels of hair and wrap around a 11/4 to 1½ inch curling iron. Be sure to run fingers through the hair to keep waves natural looking.
- Finish by giving hair a light mist of Suave Professionals® Weather Protection 365 Humidity Defying Aerosol Hairspray to lock in style.
Pretty in Pin Curls
Jenny Says: Pair your most feminine summer wardrobe pieces with a hair style equally as enchanting. Carolina Herrera’s models sported pin curl styles with a 1940’s-inspired silhouette.
Luke Says: Prep hair for this high-volume style with Suave Professionals® Aloe & Ginseng Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. Infused with 100% natural aloe and vera ginseng, ingredients known for their rejuvenating properties, the formula of this duo is salon proven to volumize hair.
- Create a head full of pin curls by taking small sections of hair and coiling around your finger before securing to the scalp with a bobby pin. After all hair is pinned up, give a blast of heat from the blow-dryer to help curls hold their shape.
- After curls have set for 15 to 30 minutes (or until fully dry), remove bobby pins to reveal varied sizes of loose, soft curls.
- From here, brush out the top of hair, moving back towards the crown, and use hands to rake out the back of curls.
- Apply a dime-sized dollop of Suave Professionals® Weather Protection 365 Anti-Frizz & Flyaway Cream Gel to the top of hair to create a smooth, sleek look (let the product fade out towards the back, so the front is sleek and back is wild with curls).
- Finally, either secure the back of hair in a loose pony, comb the bottom of hair underneath or pin the ends of hair under for a true 1940’s-inspired silhouette. (Note: If you are growing out bangs, be sure to wear a thin headband to keep the top of hair sleek and in place!)
For more information:
Some text republished with permission of Suave®.